Altruism in our society?
Posted by Dave Hasney
As many will have read previously, my theory behind so many of our social ills, and the creation of the ‘new jews’ (see below) is that small word ‘self’…
In general society bimbles along with no great cognisance of, and little care about, how they as individuals impact upon others. Self-interest, self-importance, self-promotion et al abound and flourish.
New Jews: I don’t think of people in terms of ethnicity, sex, gender, colour and the range of boring labels of dork identity. If I’m game for sex, I have my preferences and note much ‘tolerance’ disappears at such points in our lives. We don’t, generally, conjoin with homosexuals if we ain’t, and so on, if you think about such matters. Tolerance has limits. Blog about a bit and you can find any prejudices you want or aspire to. Most of us have been tau … Read More
We lack a greater level of altruism in today’s society however; there are those who would argue that it never actually existed in the first place. If that’s correct, where does that leave us?
- The New Jews (allcoppedout.wordpress.com)
- In Search of the Altruism Gene (insearchofgoodness.wordpress.com)
- “Wilson, Altruism, and Group Selection” and related posts (mangans.blogspot.com)
- Post-Altruism (theyintheyang.wordpress.com)
- Altruism Is a Myth (lewrockwell.com)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)