While the native people of the Arctic regions (Inuit Indians) are generally credited with the invention of kayak fishing. In recent years angling from kayaks has enjoyed something of an explosion in both fresh and salt water sport fishing circles. This is especially so in warmer regions due to the kayak’s ease of entry.
Kayak fishing is one area of angling that I haven’t tried, as yet. In due course this page will include my experiences of choosing, buying and rigging a kayak for fishing. A kind of fly on the wall beginners view of the subject. More information to follow…
- Anglers Afloat – www.anglersafloat.co.uk – On of the original sources of kayak fishing information in the UK which contains good information on kayak rigging.
- Kayak Fishing UK – www.kayakfishing.co.uk – News, views and information from the kayak fishing world, from a UK prospective.
- Saltwater Kayak Fisherman – www.saltwateryakfisherman.blogspot.com – An excellent blog site by Rob Appleby covering kayak rigging and fishing experiences in the UK South West.
- Whitby Kayak Fishing – www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk – Good collection of articles and a forum for all kayak fishing matters pertaining to the North Yorkshire coast.
- North Wales Kayak Fishing – www.northwaleskayakfishing.co.uk – The oldest kayak fishing Website and forum in the UK. The aim of website and forum is to share information on all Aspects of kayak fishing, gear and safety.
- Presda Press Limited – www.pesdapress.com – Kayaking and canoeing guidebooks and technical manuals for people who love the outdoors.
- Kayak Oklahoma Blog – www.kayak.oklahomaroadtrips.com – A combination of one of my favourite locations in the world, my favourite pastimes (fishing) and a favourite mode of transport.